Monday 14 May 2018

Stage 1: Well It Seemed Like A Good Idea...



For this project, I am going to learn to knit using only YouTube, social networks and internet help forums as my guides. I chose knitting for this project for two reasons. First, the most significant reason is simply because it is something I am interested in doing. So many people in my life have impressed upon me the enjoyment that can be found in knitting, my cousin being one of the biggest. In addition, I follow a lot of authors on Facebook and Twitter, such as Ilona Andrews and Devon Monk, who have created some amazing things through their knitting. Seeing such passion, such creativity, I could not help but be intrigued by its medium. Second, I feel that knitting is an ideal task for demonstrating developing skill. It is an activity that clearly shows improvement and is popular enough to provide a wealth of YouTube videos, blogs, and social media networks to consult. In other words, I will be able to not only be shown how I am supposed to be doing it but also to ask social media when it goes wrong and videos alone cannot assist me.

Given the time constraints, the intention of this exercise will not be to knit a specific item, such as a scarf or blanket, but rather to begin a project and continue to produce stitches for as long as possible.

If all goes well, hopefully the biggest challenge I face is trying to dissuade my cat from “helping” me.


RESOURCES:
·         https://www.wikihow.com/Knit


No comments:

Post a Comment